Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Banana Pecan Greek Yogurt Bread


I am not a morning person. Not at all. I can convince myself of the CRAZIEST of scenarios in the morning to press the snooze button just one more time. One time I even convinced myself that because I had my window open all night that meant I didn’t have to go to school that day. Wtf? Anyway, as I am always running late in the mornings, I am a huge fan of breakfasts that you can grab on your way out the door and eat in the car. But I do like to make them healthy, so I like to use a mix of flours (including wheat, rolled oats, flax seeds, etc.) rather than just white flour. Also to cut down on the sugar, butter, and oil. So this time I used Greek yogurt in my banana bread instead of butter, and they turned out pretty yummy!

2 cups of flour (I used ½ cup white flour, ¾ cup wheat flour, ½ cup rolled oats, ¼ cup flax seeds)
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 (5.4-oz) container of Trader Joe’s Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
4 eggs
1 overripe banana
1/8 cup shaved chocolate
Handful of crushed pecan halves

Mix em all together, bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes… and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment