Wednesday, February 8, 2012

the Wino OT


I never considered myself much of a cook until very recently. The thing is, I always assumed I would be a terrible cook so I never really tried. After college, I moved back into my parents’ house where, after four years of living off of cookie delivery services and boxed wine, imagine my bliss when I open the fridge and find it fully stocked! In college I lived in a dingy house with six friends, two cats, a hamster, and many dog visitors, lovingly referred to as “the brothel” after its reputation of being, well, a brothel in the 70s. So you can imagine the state that the kitchen was in.  Sooo, with way less people, a kitchen more manageable to keep clean, and a full fridge, I found the joy of cooking!

I’m getting my master’s in occupational therapy (hence the wineOT), and there’s nothing I love more than procrastinating. You can tell when I have a big project due when I’m in the kitchen baking a pie. I already ate dinner and then baked a loaf of banana bread, so there’s nothing left but do homework….. OR I could start a blog! I’m not exactly sure who is going to read this. I feel like that kid in “Wet Hot American Summer” who spends the summer DJing the camp radio show, only to find out later his microphone has never been plugged in. Luckily for the people who eat my food, I don't share his showering schedule. There’s nothing more therapeutic after a stressful day than coming home to a glass of boxed wine and a delicious new recipe idea to try out, especially when you have someone you love to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment