Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ButterBeer


Call me a nerd if you will, but I am a 25 year old Harry Potter fanatic and proud of it! At least I have some nerdy friends who are just as crazy as I am, including my little sister, Nora. For years, we used to go to the midnight releases for the books, waiting in line for hours in our Harry Potter t-shirts. Until one year, when I saw a You-Tube clip of some a**hole who got the book at midnight, skimmed the last chapter of “Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince” and screamed “SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!!” to the horror of the line of waiting fans. So from then on, we waited until 3am to get the books just in case this happened to us. We’re so cool. So, for Nora’s 22nd birthday party, I decided to whip up a batch of butterbeer. Perfect for a February birthday!






4 (12oz) cans cream soda
1 ½  tbsp butter
Butterscotch schnapps
Spiced rum

Heat the cream soda until it is boiling. Reduce the heat and add the butter. When the butter is melted, add the liquor while stirring. Use your judgment for the alcohol. We used about 4 shots of each. Best served in a mug!

No comments:

Post a Comment